Spring and Summer 2021 Hours and Services
The library opened for limited services on April 1, 2021. We will be expanding our building open hours beginning July 6, 2021. On July 6th, we will reopen restrooms, drinking fountains and the children's play area. Please note that not all toys and games will be available in the play area. We will not be reopening meeting or study rooms during the summer. This page will be updated prior to the July 4th holiday to contain only information about summer hours and policies. The information below is current through July 6th, 2021. The proposed summer hours are at the bottom of this page and will begin July 6th, 2021.
Please note that masks are required at all times while using either curbside or in-house library services. If you do not arrive with a mask, one can be provided for you. Social distancing recommendations will be followed and staff will have limited ability to assist with computers, materials check-out and other tasks that require close interaction.
The library will still offer curbside services when we reopen. We will also offer limited options for using the building. The chart below lists when curbside is available and when you can enter the building.
Customers can choose to pick up their holds in person or continue to use curbside services based on the schedule below. Our telephone reference services are available when either curbside or the building are open. Please call us at 253.841.5454 with any questions you may have or to reserve materials. You can also still place holds through the website or app.
Please note that the library will be closed between noon and 1pm on weekdays for cleaning and staff breaks.
|Monday||9am - noon||1pm - 7pm|
|Tuesday||9am - noon
1pm - 5pm
|1pm - 7pm|
|Wednesday||9am - noon
1pm - 7pm
|1pm - 7pm|
|Thursday||9am - noon
1pm - 5pm
|9am - noon
1pm - 5pm
|Friday||9am - noon
||1pm - 5pm|
|Saturday||9am - 5pm||No building access-curbside only|
|Sunday||Closed for all services||Closed for all services|
What services will be available in person?
What can I do when the library reopens?
- Browse the collection
- Check out books, DVDs, passes and other materials using the self-checkout kiosks
- Use a public access computer for up to one hour
- Print up to 20 pages on the public access computers
- Return items in the book drops
- Get or renew a library card
- Browse and purchase items in the Friends of the Library store (1 customer at a time)
What can't I do when the library reopens?
- Study and meeting rooms will not be available
- Bathrooms will not be available
- Photocopy services will not be available
- Children's play area will be cordoned off, but children's books will be browsable
- Seating is limited
- Donations will not be accepted
- No in-person events
- No food or drink in the building (water fountains will not be available)
- No cash or credit card transactions
- No computer guest passes-access is with a valid card only
- No access to the history room or archived materials
|Monday||9am - 7pm||noon - 7pm|
|Tu, Wed, Th||9am - 7pm||9am - 7pm|
|Fri-Sat||9am - 5pm||9am - 5pm|