The Puyallup City Hall was dedicated on August 8, 2008. The building sits approximately on the same site of the old Redmen's Opera House (JPG), which was used as a City Hall until 1949 (JPG) when an earthquake damaged it so badly the building was condemned and torn down. In 1952 the city hall was located in a building at W Pioneer and 3rd (JPG) until it was vacated in 2005 to build the new Puyallup Activity Center.
Puyallup's first mayor and founding father, Ezra Meeker deeded his land to the city, now known as Pioneer Park. The city's first library was built in the park and it was the vision of city leaders to cluster city buildings around Pioneer Park.