Records Requests

Court Case Records

Case records are records that relate to in-court proceedings, including case files, dockets, calendars, and the like. Public access to these records is governed by GR 31, which refers to these records as court case records.

Administrative Records

Administrative records are records that relate to the management, supervision, or administration of a court or judicial agency as defined in GR 31.1.


If you are requesting a copy of Puyallup or Milton Court case records, please use either the online public record request option or print and mail a copy of the Case Records Request Form (PDF).


When requesting a copy of a case record, please be specific as to the document / s you are requesting. It is not up to court staff to determine what should be sent. Additionally, there are copy fees as follows:
  • $10 for copy of hearing recording 
  • Certified copies - $5 for 1st page and $1 for each additional page, per document
  • $1 for the first page of copied materials and .15 cents for each additional

Storage of Documents

Puyallup and Milton Municipal Courts are courts of limited jurisdiction, which means, we are not a court of permanent record. Documents are stored according to the Washington Secretary of State's Retention Schedule. Limited documents are kept for three (3) years after closure. After the three year period expires, hard-copy documents may no longer be available. The JIS docket is the only record kept in perpetuity.

More information about access to court records in Washington State can be found by linking to Washington State Courts - GR 31.